About

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

B007: A Much Awaited Meet-up

As part of my global meet-up project, I went to Singapore and met a handful of good friends.  Every day was exciting, as I see each of my friends who I haven’t seen for at least a year!  And I was so happy to meet my travel friends in Singapore: Dene and Gene!  As expected, the day I allotted to them was the one most filled with activities.  When it comes to traveling, these guys never disappoint. :)
I have created a video about this trip.  But I decided to still give a rundown of activities in that one day I spent with my travel mates.  Singapore is small in that you can probably visit all the tourist spots in a few days.  I wasn’t able to do this, but for a day with IFW, I was able to:
  1. Go to Vivo City for breakfast.
  2. Go around Sentosa: take a Skyride, walk along Siloso beach and others, visit the lowest point in continental Asia
  3. Go to Orchard road to dine with a few more friends from college, walk along the road and shop
  4. Go to Chinatown to visit 2 temples: (a) Buddha Tooth Relic and Museum, and (b) Sri Mariamman Temple
  5. Go to Little India, shop for chocolates at Mustafa
  6. Go to Marina Bay Sands and pass the Helix Bridge
  7. Dine in at Chijmes (even watched 2 sets of the Men’s Wimbledon Finals at the restaurant)

This gives an idea of how much you can do in a day, as long as you’re willing to move.   

Parting with Dene and Gene was a little sad, we’re not sure when we will meet again, more so, when our travel group will be complete for a trip!  Until the next meet up my friends!



- Jerico

P.S. Shameless promotion!
For more details about the trip and to understand why I call this a ‘project,’ check out my personal blog: The Journeying Engineer.  Singapore travel video is embedded there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment